Hodges Transportation, Inc. -Nevada Automotive Test Center Computer Aided Design (CAD) Design Engineer in Silver Springs, Nevada
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
The CAD Design Engineer works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager or Lead Project Engineer, supporting a variety of innovative developmental projects related to ground vehicles and associated systems. Generates, imports, and modifies 3D CAD models of ground vehicle components and assemblies to support engineering development efforts. Performs measurements on vehicles and related components including 3D laser scanning to support the creation of 3D CAD models. Analyzes component spaceclaim constraints, physical interfaces, performance requirements, manufacturing method, tolerance stackups, and assembly/installation procedures to support refinement of CAD configurations. Creates technical data packages including detail part drawings, subassembly/assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM), and installation procedures. Supports conducts engineering design, development, integration, analysis, and testing of vehicle components and subsystems using CAD environmnet and other engineering tools. Monitors and provides status reports concerning assigned tasks. Understands the procedures and requirements necessary to accomplish complex engineering, technological and analytical advanced and special projects.
- Creates and modifies CAD 3D models, drawing packages, and supporting technical data
- Uses CAD to develops custom fixtures and tools to support prototype fabrication and testing activities
- Performs research to identify available components, materials, industry specifications, suppliers, and manufacturers that can be applied to the design configuration
- Documents prototype fabrication, installation, and testing activities in a shop or field environment using video or still photography, physical measurements, and written notes.
- Analyzes and evaluates component failures or issues with existing vehicle systems, helps identify probable causes, and suggests modifications and design changes to the affected components or system.
- Obtains background data on assignments in order to develop testing procedures, test phases, deviations from standard techniques, etc.
- Provides technical information and guidance to technicians supporting assigned design, integration, and subsystem testing efforts.
- Analyzes technical data including instrumentation readings, calculations, deficiency reports, and graphs etc. and prepares written reports.
- Assists with development of test plans, technical reports, installation procedures, and design review presentations.
- Provides support to and coordinates assigned activities with technicians, other engineers, and the program manager.
- Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports business development through customer contacts and follow-up, development of presentations, and attendance at trade and industry shows.
- Support development of technical proposals related to new vehicle concepts or upgrades
- Assists in special projects as assigned
- Assists with component, subsystem, or vehicle tests
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field; and two (2) years experience in a related engineering field.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software. PTC ProEngineer/CREO is preferred, Solidworks is a minimum requirement.
- Experience creating dimensioned drawings and related technical data package elements.
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada driver's license.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Ability to manage more than one technical activity at a time.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new measurement techniques and associated data acquisition software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Experience in a research and development, design, or test environment.
- Familiarity with 3D laser scanning and/or 3D printing technology.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of automotive fundamentals.
AAP/EEO Statement: Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
Individuals with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources Manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
Additional Duties: This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
At Will Employment: All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.