Hodges Transportation, Inc. -Nevada Automotive Test Center Executive Assistant in Silver Springs, Nevada
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
The executive assistant provides high-level administrative support to company executives by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform Executive office duties:
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Record, type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Escorts guests when necessary on foot or by vehicle around the various facilities.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Secures information by completing data base backups and maintains records management database system.
- Proficiently and consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment, with the ability to make independent decisions when necessary.
- Communication Proficiency: Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listening to thoughts and idea of others.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Collaboration Skills: Exhibit a team effort attitude and exceptional ability to work in a professional manner with employees and guests.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Technical Capacity: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Stress Management/Composure: Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and frequently changing business activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with work experience or
- Associate's degree and two years of Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant experience or
- Five years of Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant experience.
- Technical or editorial experience highly desired.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada Driver's License.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is primarily an office position, requiring the ability to sit for extended periods of time, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. However, this position also requires walking on uneven ground and climbing stairs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work hours may vary due to project needs.
No overnight travel is expected for this position. There may be occasional local day travel.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee's employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
Nevada Automotive Test Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.