Sierra Nevada Corporation Accountant II in Sparks, Nevada
The candidate will join a dynamic and progressive Accounting Department supportive of professional development within a growing organization. This department has experienced significant positive change over the past several years and seeks a teammate who wants to partner with experienced professionals.The Accountant II will assist the General Ledger Manager and Assistant Controller in a variety of functions including general ledger transactions, account reconciliations, adjusting journal entries, financial reporting, trend analysis, and mentorship.This role will also focus on continuous process improvement in a balanced control environment. They support such initiatives in the areas of Accounting and Reporting procedures while adhering to and communicating accounting and audit policies and procedures.
Qualifications-Required (Must Have)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years related accounting experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in MS Office
- Close the books monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Prepare and review corporate and business unit account reconciliations and variance analyses on a periodic basis
- Participate in internal and external audits as requested
- Prepare operational and business analyses of SNC operations from balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements within all levels of the organization
- Recommend continuous improvements to accounting, operating and close processes in line with GAAP, industry standards, and government compliance.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Public accounting experience
- Deltek (Cost Point) accounting system experience
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CAS and IFRS
- M&A due diligence support
- Financial management planning/budget and forecasting
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Annual Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
*To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Vet