SolarCity Sr. Construction Auditor in Sparks, Nevada
Senior Construction Audit
The Tesla Internal Audit Team s mission is to protect the company by calling attention to critical risks and driving management action to address those risks. The Team does this by: 1) collaborating with functional and business/product groups to identify areas of risk, 2) designing relevant audits to address risks, 3) making valuable control standardization and process improvements recommendations, and 4) driving change by influencing the decision-making process.
Tesla is seeking a senior auditor with relevant construction and operational experience to support the buildout of Tesla s global facilities and infrastructure, as well as the solar and energy storage businesses. This position will be directly responsible for utilizing a risk-based approach to plan, scope, and execute both short-term and complex audit projects within the construction and manufacturing environment. Construction audits will be covering the project lifecycle from design through closeout, and involve activities such as procurement, contracting, safety, administration, compliance, contractor management, cost management, and scheduling. In addition to providing assurance around contractor cost and billings compliance, this position will also provide comprehensive recommendations and work with management to implement change.
* Utilize a risk-based approach to independently evaluate, plan, perform, summarize and communicate assigned risk assessments and audit activities
* Educate process owners on the role of internal audit and the importance of standardizing processes and controls
* Perform periodic onsite risk assessments and assurance reviews over the physical construction, compliance with organizational policies and procedures, and the effectiveness of controls
* Perform front-end construction bid package, proposal, and contract reviews
* Perform in-process and closeout transactional cost and billings reviews. Work with management, suppliers, and contractors to negotiate and facilities cost recoveries
* Evaluate and recommend opportunities for cost saving and process improvement
* Serve as process consultant to standardize operational and financial processes, including major strategic capex projects, manufacturing facility operations, sales, and distribution
* Respond to and support management requests regarding internal control assessments, process and procedure evaluations, special investigations and internal control education
* Utilize data analysis techniques and audit software to evaluate and monitor financial and operational risks
* Prepare and provide written and oral reports, communications and/or presentations to management presenting observations and recommendations for internal control improvement and facilitating management action plans
* Coordinates implementation of corrective action plans including monitoring progress and completion, coordinating interviews and document gathering, and escalating issues as necessary
* Assist and support the Company's SOX 404 assessment, including assessment and testing of internal controls over financial reporting
* Comprehensive understanding of construction delivery methods, procurement, contracting, and management processes
* Comprehensive understanding of contract types, incentivization strategies, labor rate and cost buildup techniques, and equipment pricing
* Knowledge of field construction, materials and methods, industry standards and best practices
* Intensely curious, solution-oriented individual who wants to know the what, where, when, how, and (most importantly) why processes work the way they do
* Can easily adapt between working independently, collaboratively on a team, and with various stakeholders including outsourced audit teams located in different locations
* Ability to translate learnings and experience into solutions that are practical and scalable to meet the needs of a rapidly growing, dynamic organization
* Ability to communicate extremely well in verbal and written form. This applies to interacting with stakeholders, the Internal Audit team, and external parties.
* Ability to travel and support audits in a growing domestic and international environment.
* Proven ability to reason logically and draw well-reasoned conclusions
* Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments.
* Leadership skills including the ability to take charge, coach, interact with all levels of the organization, set objectives, and drive results
* Advanced Excel skills for use in analysis, reporting, and data management
* Bachelor s degree in accounting, finance, construction management, engineering, or a related field
* 5+ years of experience in construction management, procurement or contracts, supply chain, internal audit, accounting, finance, process consulting, or a blend of related experience in relevant industries
* 2+ years of experience in construction related accounting or auditing
* CPA, CA, CIA, CCA, CCP, PMP, CFE, or other relevant certifications
* Industry experience in construction, manufacturing, automotive, consumer products, technology, consulting, or other similar companies
* Experience communicating with construction, procurement, finance, and operational management at all level of the organization
* Evidence of exceptional ability as demonstrated through career progression
* Proven track record of delivering results
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employer's Job# 67661
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.