Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Stead AFB, Nevada
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL CURRENT MILITARY ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN NEVADA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor, Position Description Number D1290000, and is part of the Nevada Army National Guard, FMS 2. The purpose of this position is to supervise workers directly or through subordinate leaders and/or supervisors in accomplishing work of the function.
Learn more about this agency
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors. (2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed based on readiness and explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within their authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors. (3) Administration: Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. (4) Performs non-supervisory work, such as, transporting equipment, performing maintenance tasks, etc. (5) Develops, publishes, and ensures employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised. Implements and complies with agency, state, and federal regulatory Occupational Safety and Health, and environmental requirements. (6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. (7) Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
5801 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Conditions of Employment
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement.** In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Air force skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment: Warrant Officer: WO1 - CW3 Compatible MOS:* 913, 914, 915, 919*
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
Must currently hold the Military Grade and MOS listed above.
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Must maintain local network access IAW AR 25-2.
Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE -IN THEIR OWN WORDS- THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems. In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
There is no Educational Requirements or Substitution for Experience for this position.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
No PCS funds are available.
This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
Military Incentives - Bonuses and Student Loan Repayment Program: If you are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
- Knowledge in the supervision of workers either directly or through subordinate leadersand/or supervisors in accomplishing the work of the function.
- Skill planning work operations with great scope, complexity, and administrative authority.
- Ability to determine the sequence, priority and time for performance of operations within the limits of broad work schedules and time limits.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the non-supervisory work operations of the WG-5801-11, Surface Maintenance Mechanic.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Your Resume - Your resume must show relevant educational and work experience fully supporting the required specialized experience including the dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of each employment.
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire.
- A current PQR (Personnel Qualification Record) uploaded to the required "OTHER" area of the online application manager. PQR must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application. An ORB/ERB is acceptable in the absence of a PQR.
- Any supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, licenses, transcripts, etc.) used to support qualifications demonstrated in resume and/or required by Qualifications Required section.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the Occupational Questionnaire which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the Occupational Questionnaire, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
DO NOT Email applications directly to the HRO unless there are extenuating circumstances, Please Call the HRO contact listed in the event of extenuating circumstances.
Agency contact information
NV FMS 2 19980 Army Aviation Drive Reno, NV 89506 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507437000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 08/08/2018 to 08/23/2018
Pay scale & grade: WS 10
Salary: $33.01 to $38.51 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time